WARNING: this is still incomplete. Many are still lacking. So please if you want to read the whole story, please read it again next time. Thank you! Oh and sorry, I don't have any pictures of the intramurals. Only official photographers were allowed and I did'nt bring a camera
-Monday, 09.15.08-
Eh, opening ceremony, parade of players...I did'nt really watch that. It's kinda boring for me. Instead, I played badminton (yes, inside the classroom) with my classmates. Actually, during the parade, we were exhausted and instead of properly playing badminton, we played 'handicap badminton' where we sit on the floor and try to hit the shuttlecock with our stretched out arms. Okay, our section won over Our Lady of Confidence in Volleyball, won as champions in the sack race but we lost in basketball though but it's okay. After that I go back to playing badminton. My classmates helped me train for my game tomorrow. They tested my speed, agility, power and etc.
-Tuesday, 09.16.08-
Ouch. So apparently my body hurts because I probably stretched my muscles yesterday without warming up..wow that's a lesson. My sartorius and rectus femoris were sore, my trapezius and deltoid hurt and also my latissimus dorsi. (those are muscles :P) Okay. So my badminton game is..well today and unfortunately, we lost. My weakness in badminton is the push or block, which means to hit the shuttlecock upward. Since our opponent really loved to smash the game was quite hard for me..and the intense heat, sometimes I cant accurately measure where the shuttlecock will land because the sweat dropping from my face was distracting me and the sun was blinding me. Anyway, Our volleyball players again tasted glory after winning over Our Lady of Hope. Wow, Volleyball is exciting!
-Wednesday, 09.17.08-
Ugh. It was so hard to get up from bed. I can't even walk properly. Anyway, again we were playing badminton and now, even volleyball (yes, again in the classroom) -- luckily there were no broken lights heeeheee. -- And so, Mr. and Ms. Intramurals (student category) was held today. Our representatives, both 'Mr.' and 'Ms.' were finalists. Our male representative won..umm 3rd place I think. Well, that was fun.
-Thursday, 09.18.08-
Awww...It's already Thursday?? It's too fast!! Well anyway, we won over Our Lady of Remedies in Volleyball Wooohoo! My voice was almost lost when I cheered for them. So now, our section is like the champion in the second year level. But that's not the end of my Thursday story. Something funny happened. I slipped today two times. Wow haha. The first one was when it started to rain. I was playing volleyball and the ball flew to the center of the quadrangle, where it was wet. I ran to get the ball and when I went back to seek shelter...suddenly *whoosh* my rubber shoes were wet and I slipped. I immediately got up to my feet, pretending nothing happened. It happened just so fast I couldn't even remember what position I was in when I fell to the floor. Okay. Now, the second accident. I bought my lunch from the cafeteria and I was heading upstairs. Some people were playing badminton in my route so I decided to take a shortcut through the wet quadrangle. I was carrying 2 styrofoam containers and my racket, and I did not notice that there was this.. I dunno steel plate that covered the sewers. It was wet and I suddenly slipped. My elbow touched the rough cement and the sauce of my Pork Adobo gushed down to my badminton bag. It was hard to get up, considering the things I carried. My friend helped me to get up...that was sooooo embarrassing. When I got up, two of my 'co-sophomores' (including my female opponent during the badminton match last tuesday) helped me as I wiped the mud of the back of my P.E. shirt. I went upstairs and changed, and I felt that my elbow hurt. I took a quick glance at it and I realized that I've been injured and it was bleeding. I hurried and changed to my daily uniform and went back to my classroom, to put back my P.E. uniform and left my lunch there. I went straight to the clinic, happy that the people who witnessed my fall were not there. The nurses gave me an ice pack to put on my elbow and waited there, hungry, waiting for me to be discharged to indulge into my almost-spoiled lunch. Then, my injury was treated with Betadine and a Band-aid, which was too small for my several injuries. They only put one on my biggest injury and the tape of that plaster was stuck onto my other injury and the last one was left open and welcome for germs to come in. Anyway, I just did not complain. More people needed bandages than I do. I can treat it properly at home.
-Friday, 09.19.08-
Aww...Intrams end so fast. too fast. Anyway, Our volleyball team lost against the first year and I clearly understand why. One player did'nt have breakfast, one player had been bruised on her arm, making it difficult for her to deliver a proper serve. Some were not morning persons and etc. Well, it was okay.
After that, the awarding....And now, Mr. and Ms. Intramurals 08-09 (faculty category)participants:
-Ms. Mary Lajara -Mr. Rodrigo Gloriana
-Ms. Jeremy Florenciano -Mr. Mark Ventura
-Ms. Carla Solomon -Mr. Alejandro Apun
-Ms. Juvy Deopido -Mr. Banner Ferrer
-Ms. Rizza Butiong -Mr. Glenn Isic
Dance number
- Ms. Gelito, Ms.Galang, Ms.dela Cruz, Ms.Passion and Ms. Bautista
Song number
- Ms. Mercedita Dungo (Skyline Pigeon)
-Ms. Eleanor Ladigohon (How Did You Know)
-Ms. MArdie Pineda (Woman In Love)
-Sir Juanito Tan (Sumayaw, Sumunod)
It was just so fun I mean, the auditorium was jam-packed with viewers and screams are heard all over the place. Everyone was wearing their smiling faces, cheering for their teachers. I admit, 15 Pesos is not worth an event that great. 15 pesos is a bargain. I feel pity over those who did'nt have the chance to buy a ticket..awww..they missed so much...So, The first ever Mr. and Ms. Intramurals 08-09 : Ms. Rizza Butiong (woohoo my English teacher) and Mr. Mark Ventura (clap clap clap)
---well, I was very happy with this year's intramurals week and it is very saddening that it would end so fast. Well, I guess I'd be back to projects and assignments, IPAs and GPAs, stress and work. Whew....Well I am still excited for the field trip though. Even if it's in Marikina and Montalban (yuck.) I'd still be happy taking stolen shots from my classmates...and soon..another blog shall be posted...---
NOTE: I will update this again as soon as I list down the other events such as obtacle relay, aero dance, games of the generals, chess and etc. Please bear with me. It's hard to remember everything. Thank You!
No comments:
Post a Comment